SBI Elite Credit Card a beautiful looking credit card, SBI Card Elite and is powered by Visa.
What is SBI Elite Card?
SBI Elite credit card is a premium credit card that offers a wide range of special privileges to its users. There are numerous benefits of being an esteemed SBI Elite card holder, You will get to know the whole benefits revolve around this card.
Table of Contents
Joining Fee & Welcome Kit of SBI Elite Credit Card
- Joining / Renewal Fee – ₹ 4999 annually (Bit high but stay tuned you will get more to compare).
- Welcome Kit – State Bank of India provides e- Gift Voucher worth ₹ 5000 (Isn’t it cool):), You can use your gift voucher at selected brands like (Yatra, Hush Puppies/Bata, Marks & Spencer, Pantaloons and Shoppers Stop). I am made for Pantaloons and Shoppers Stop the variety design awesome.
Also, get complimentary Movie Tickets worth ₹ 6000 per year.
- You can get 2 free movie tickets per month or ₹ 500 off whichever is less with SBI Signature/Elite credit card
- Offer valid on the purchase of minimum 2 movie tickets.
- This offer is valid only on the primary cardholder.
- Book your movie ticket from bookmyshow.com
Reward of SBI Elite Credit Card
SBI Elite basic and milestone reward points.
- Earn 2 Reward Points per ₹ 100 on all other spends, except fuel.
- Get 5X (10) Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores and Grocery Spends on every ₹ 100.
- The elite card gets you 10000 bonus points on annual spending of ₹ 3 Lakhs to ₹ 4 Lakhs achievement.
- On going forward, if your spending cross ₹ 5 Lakhs to₹ 8 Lakhs, you will get 15000 bonus points.
- 1 Reward Point = 0.25 INR.
- Get 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver on all petrol pumps. Maximum Surcharge Waiver of ₹ 250 per month per billing cycle, on every transaction between ₹ 500 to ₹ 4,000.
SBI Elite Credit Card holds a lot of Airport lounge program for its customers who fly on a regular basis.
Also Read: Virtual Credit Card India
Features of SBI Elite Credit Card
International Lounge Program
- You can visit or Access over 1000 Airport Lounges worldwide.
- 6 complimentary Airport Lounge visits per year, 2 every quarter.
Domestic Lounge Program
- Get 2 complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge visits every quarter in India.
SBI Card ELITE offers you the privilege of the lowest Foreign Currency Mark-up Charge of 1.99% on International usage as compared to 3.5% in every regular Travel (Forex) Credit Card in India.
On every spending of ₹ 100 internationally you will get 2 reward points.
Some other benefits like flexipay, Cash Access Across the World, Add on the card, Balance transfer on EMI all are available with this card.
MasterCard/Visa Privileges on Elite Credit Card
Mastercard World Card India Golf Program allows the cardholder some excellent privileges.
- 4 complimentary rounds of green fees per the calendar year (not more than 1 round in a single calendar month)
- 12 complimentary golf lessons per the calendar year (1 lesson per calendar month).
- Discounted golf services at 50% of the green fee beyond complimentary sessions
- Get 10% off on Hertz car rental (US-based car rental service, only available in selected tier 1 selected cities in India, and up to 35% off on Avis Car Rentals.
- Earn up to 10,000 miles per night on hotel stay plus 25% extra miles on Kaligo.com (UK based hotel chain).
Above offers are subject to frequent change on offers by State bank of India.
Also Read: SBI Simply Save Credit Card
Fee & Charges
SBI Elite Credit Card Eligibility
- Salaried Employees age between 21 and 70 years.
- Self-Employed people age between 25 and 70 years.
- The applicants must be Indian Citizen.
- Must have a monthly income of ₹ 75000.
- Applicants must also have an excellent line of credit, (above 750 is good).
Other benefits of SBI Elite Credit Card
Club Vistara Membership
Vistara Airlines Parent organization: Tata Sons allow the cardholder Enjoy complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership.
You can get 1 complimentary Lounge Access Voucher and 1 Upgrade Voucher.
On every spending of ₹100 on Vistara airlines earn 9 Club Vistara Points.
Offer only valid for Primary Cardholders only.
Trident Privilege Membership SBI card
A hotel chain provides some benefits to the Elite holder with ‘Trident Privilege Red Tier membership‘.
After registration gets 1000 Welcome Points.
- Enjoy 10% instant savings on all bookings made on Tridenthotels.com (Use code SBITH).
- If your current stay is for one night, you receive an additional 1500 bonus Trident Privilege points.
- If your current stay is for more than one night, you receive 1500 bonus Trident Privilege points and Rs. 1,000 hotel credit, redeemable on Food and beverages, Spa treatments and Laundry during your stay.
- Offer valid for Primary Cardholders only.
Also Read: Kisan credit card
What are the Pro and Cons of SBI Elite Card
SBI Elite Credit Card
- Get Regular Reward Points ~0.5% per ₹ 100 spend.
- Get Accelerated Reward Points ~2.5% per ₹ 100 spend.
- Lowest Currency Markup Fee – 1.99%
- Welcome Kit worth ₹ 5000 (which is great).
- Milestone Privileges are excellent but beyond the expenditure of ₹ 8 Lakhs annually.
- 5X Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores and Grocery Spends (it seems attractive).
- Monthly Income for the applicant is too High ₹ 75000.
- Joining/ Renewal Fee is also too High ₹ 4999.
- This card is not for lower and middle-class users.
- Rental car Hertz & Avis are good, but in India, the scope is very little.
- No benefits for Addon card holder.
Overall the card looks good with features for the applicant to travel abroad a lot. This credit card is enabled with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology so you can pay just by tapping.