The American Express Company is popularly called as Amex. American Express Credit cards in India popularity is a bit low due to sentiments of the people towards the name and locality of the bank.
If you study and read this article, we will get these cards are more beneficial then other credit cards in India.
American Express SmartEarn Credit Card
Fee of American Express SmartEarn
Annual Fee ₹ 495 plus taxes.
Welcome, Gift ₹ 500 on spending ₹ 10,000 in the first 90 days of Cardmembership. So technically, if you spend ₹ 10,000 within 90 days your annual fee is reversed as welcome gift.
The renewal fee is also waived off on spending of ₹ 40,000 and above last year.
Eligibility Criteria of Express SmartEarn
- Must be a resident of India as per the income tax department (Bank just want to clarify that the income comes from India).
- If you are living in Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Surat & Vadodra (currently American Express SmartEarn only issuing their credit card to the selected cities.
- If your income is more then ₹ 4.5 Lakhs, no other income-related questions are asked.
- The applicant should be over 18 years of age.
- The individual should have a good credit history with no defaults in recent past.
- Having other bank credit card add thrusters in your credit card issue process.
Documents required for the applicant
American Express credit card points
- 10X reward points on Flipkart & Uber on every ₹ 50 Spend.
- 5X reward points on BookMyShow, Amazon, Swiggy, and others on every ₹ 50 Spend.
- 1 Membership Rewards Point on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, Bill Payments and Cash Transactions on every ₹ 50 Spend.
Important points for reward points
- 10X Membership Rewards Points will be restricted at 500 Points per month per Card for Flipkart & ..
- 10X Membership Rewards Points will be restricted at 500 Points per month per Card for Uber.
- 5X Membership Rewards Points will be limited to 250 Points per month per Card for all merchants.
If your card is lost and you report within 3 working days to the bank, then your liability is NIL, and if you report beyond 3 working days the maximum liability imposed to the cardholder is ₹ 1000.
American Express credit card also provides the contactless facility to its customers.
This card is similar features like SBI simply click credit card, which is more active for online users. It has various features like lifestyle deals, travel benefits, payback points, reward points redemption scheme.
Disclaimer: This information is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a solicitation to buy, sell credit cards or other financial instruments.