ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Visa Credit Card is the best choice for the corporate employee with very low joining and renewal fee and also said to be lifetime free credit card. This blog explores all the important inputs on ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card, its features, fee, usability, and the various offers and rewards to get your decision smoother.
ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card Review
ICICI Platinum Chip VISA Credit Card Features & Benefits:
ICICI Platinum Chip Visa Credit Card comes with a contactless feature which allows the user to pay without swiping the card into the machine, all you have to bring your card closer to the machine and the payment up to Rs 2000 is made.
- For every spending (except fuel) from your card of ₹ 100, you will get 2 PAYBACK points, which will later convert into cash or you can redeem buy anything online.
- Fees and Charges: The joining fee of this card is ₹ 199 (which is very least) among other related cards and the renewal fee is ₹ 99 (which is waived off on your annual spending of Rs 50000).
- The interesting thing is if purchases exceed ₹ 2000 within 60 days of card issuance and set-up, the joining fee is reversed.
- The worst part of this card is – Cash withdrawal from this card If you withdraw cash from your card the monthly interest levied on you is 3.4 % per month, which comes to be 40.8 % annually.
- Get waiver of
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions of maximum ₹ 4000 at all HPCL petrol pumps in India.
- Reward rate of (1 PAYBACK point = ₹ 0.25).
Also Read:- HDFC Bharat Cashback Credit Card
How to convert ICICI reward points to cash
Every ICICI credit card user demand to know the answers to this question.
- All you have to do is call 080-40146444 or call the ICICI Bank Customer Care and ask the customer bank helpline to redeem the reward points earned. After 7 working days, your cash amount is credited to your account.
Save up to a minimum of 15% on your dining bill at over 2,500 participating restaurants spread across 12 major cities with your ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card treat program.
Special Offer for Corporate Employee (MNC)
It is smooth to get the credit card not only ICICI but any other bank, if you are, working in MNC below eligibility criteria explain all the things. No Joining Fee for the first year if your purchases exceed ₹ 2,000 within 60 days of card set up.
ICICI Platinum Chip Visa Credit Card comes with both Visa and Mastercard platform.
Eligibility Criteria and Documentation Required
Before applying for this card, the applicate keeps all the following documents and checklist.
- The applicant must be over 23 years of age but below 60 years in case of a salaried individual
- 21 years of age and up to 65 years of age in the case of self-employed individuals.
- Must have a steady source of income with a good credit score.
- If you are an MNC employee it is easy to apply by presenting salary slip with KYC documents.
- For the normal Non-MNC employee, it is mandatory to present 3 years Income tax return.
- Applicants will be asked to submit an identity proof, a proof of address and income proof like salary slips, credit statements, and income tax return statements (Keep all the documents in photostat in a folder).
You can also apply for a supplementary credit card for any of your family members with NIL fee. The supplementary cardholder required to submit KYC documents.
Income slab for Salaried is above INR 1.8 Lakhs – and for self-employed it must be INR 3 Lakhs.
How to apply for ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
The applicant can apply for ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card through Online/Offline and through SMS.
- For Online – Click here to apply
- Offline – Reach your nearest ICICI bank branch and apply for ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card.
- SMS – Type PLAT and send it to 5676766.
Pros & Cons of ICICI Bank Platinum Chip card
- The Best part is Joining fee and renewal fee is very low, which allow the applicant to think for the next level.
- PAYBACK allows you to get all your rewards from other bank credit card at one place.
- IF you are a corporate MNC employee, its party time, there is 99% chance you will get your credit card positively.
- Get 2 Supplementary Credit Cards without any Fee
- 15% discount on the dining bill over 2500 restaurant at 12 major cities.
- The applicant will not get any lounge access and flight benefits.
- Interest percentage of 3.4 % per month is charged on cash withdrawal (Which is bit High)
After going through the host of benefits, see if this credit card suits your needs and fits your choice. If yes, you can easily apply and get an instant approval for ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card online.
Be careful and just take an informed decision after analyzing all the features and benefits the credit card shall offer you, Even the lowest variant of HDFC Moneyback credit card gives you 1.5% (if spent online).
The details are on “as is” basis, there might be changes in the features and benefits of the credit card from time to time. Please check all the Terms and conditions (T&C) carefully with the respective banks/companies while applying for any of the best credit cards in India.
Have something to say about this card?