Investment is an art!
And getting the return as expected is really satisfactory.
There are three questions arises:
- Have you invested in the right platform in the right manner?
- Are you getting a good return?
- Do you want to boost your investment return?
In this article, you will get in touch with some of the fruitful roadmaps to improve your investment return.
Before diving in, first, we have to understand some of the basic concepts of investment (I am sure most of you already aware off).
Major investment platforms other than your core area (business, employment or self consultancy) we all are aware of:
- Stock Market (also known as share market)
- Fixed Deposit (most active and trusted platform)
- Public Provident fund
Everybody invest in some way or other by different investment strategy.
Ultimate Return Improvement actions from Stock Market
What we all do to invest in the stock market directly or indirectly?
Two open segments – Mutual fund and Equity market (I am also including commodity market) in it.
The major concern every investor’s experience is the rate of return is either not satisfactory or in negative.
There are several reasons behind it:
- Maybe you haven’t invested in the right stock at the right time.
- Are you following your friends advice without self-assessment of the company?
- There are tons of reasons ~
You have to follow certain steps before investing in the stock market:
Everybody while investing needs to buy a stock at the lower price and sell it at a higher price. You are aware of the art of company valuation, any time you want to invest, you will get the company with a low valuation in the sector as well as the high valuation company.
Buying a stock at the right time and selling the stock at the right time is the key to get a great profit. You must get rid of the emotional attachment to the stock, just mark a benchmark with the price of the stock and when you get the price of the stock just book your profit.
Selection of the company
Small vs large companies, companies in the small sector seems attractive but also carry high risk than large companies over time. Large companies holding the faith of the investor as also get first preference while investing. As per investor, you must hold shares from small cap also.
Making money also required diversification of your portfolio, user portfolio consists of Shares, Mutual funds, Bonds, commodities, Properties etc to get an average Profit at any face of time. All have a different correlation with each other, every platform reacts differently to a market situation.
Time to you have rebalanced your portfolio for short-term as well as long-term, some of the stock required averaging due to change in prices. You also have to book your profit as per your strategy, Re-balancing is the smart and effective way to buy low and sell high.
There are few changes and a few regular activities required to boost your investment in the stock market:
- Always punch all your investment details into online portfolio platform like moneycontrol.com, ETportfolio:
Why? Because your investment will be directly linked with the online trigger of the market and you will get current market price along with profit and loss of your investment.
I personally use moneycontrol, It will allow me to inject all my investment (Equity, mutual funds, ULIP, fixed deposit, recurring deposit). It also provides me P/L account data for tax assessment purpose.
- Always tag your benchmark and execute for sale or purchase, don’t be greedy, book profit
- If you are planning to invest a huge amount, don’t invest in a lump sum, get it averaging.
- Avoid circuit shares.
- Avoid margin trading.
- Most people use to get an entry when the company is in news, I recommend to wait for some time and enter, you will get a valuation.
How minor changes in Fixed deposit results to be fruitful
Fixed deposit is itself a perfect trusted platform for the investor, for the better return, I recommend to keep the time period up to only 1 (one) year.
Because you can enjoy the change of rate and also after expiry, the amount can be transferred to other segments very easily, sometimes a better opportunity floats for the little period of time if required and you can also mark that fixed deposit as an emergency fund.
Always keep your fixed deposit with a different bank.
How a common man fill its piggy bank from his Gold in a form of jewelry through Gold monetization scheme
Gold monetization scheme
Under this scheme, an individual required to deposit the idle gold lying in lockers or home to the government and the government will pay back interest over and above price appreciation.
You can earn interest up to 2.5% per annum. On the other hand, the government has to take care of your gold security you don’t have to keep your gold in lockers and pay an annual fee to the banks.
Don’t keep your saving account money idle, open a recurring account (just for one year) and enjoy fixed deposit interest rate.
I have shared all the technics I have used with my investment and my return used to be enhanced by 5%-6 % annually. After implementing these formulae please share your experience in the comment box.
- Hey, Amit Kumar Bansal, the man behind this blog. I always passionate about Taxes, Stock Market. This was one of the reasons why I have chosen the field of account. Blogging was not the coincidence it was a proper decision. The main aim of this blog is to help readers to take an informed financial decision. If you like my efforts kindly subscribe to this blog and also let your friends know about this website by sharing.