RBL Bank is one of the upcoming banks and holds great textures of the credit card. One of my good friends is using this card from last 2 years and his review on RBL Bank Platinum Maxima Credit Card seems attractive.
- Annual Fee – ₹ 2000
- Renewal Fee – ₹ 2000 (there is no such official waiver scheme but you can ask waiver to the bank)
- Welcome reward points – 8000 points.
Also Read: SBI Elite Credit Card
RBL Bank Platinum Maxima Card other rewards
- Get 10X rewards on International Spends, Entertainment, Dining, Utility Bill Payments and on Fuel on every ₹ 100 spend.
- Earn 2 Reward Points for every ₹ 100 spent on all your purchases.
- On annual purchase of ₹2 Lakhs from your card earn you 10000 reward points.
- Similar to above, if your annual spending cross ₹3.5 Lakhs, you will get additional 10000 reward points.
For Every 10 Reward point worth ₹2.5.
RBL Complimentary Movie Tickets
With collaboration with Bookmyshow, the cardholder will get a complimentary movie ticket every month up to ₹ 200 on purchase of 2 or more tickets online.
The tricky part is the RBL Platinum Maxima Credit Cardholder will get the benefit only on Wednesday.
Also Read: SBI Simply Click Credit Card
Airport Lounge Access
The User can also 2 complimentary access domestic airport lounge at all major airports in India.
RBL Card credit limit
- Minimum Limit – 30K
- Maximum Limit: 4 Lakh
The Limit of the card also depends upon the credential (credit score) of the applicant.
Let’s see how much we can save (with example)
IF 10X reward is not considered
Taking your spending on the higher side, if you spend 3 Lakhs (around 30K per month).
- Total spending of ₹ 3.5 Lakhs – 7000 reward points.
- Bonus reward – 10000 + 10000 = 20000 reward points.
- Total reward points – 27000 worth (₹ 8100) in Value
- Effective Reward Rate: 2.3%
In your spending, you grab every Wednesday for the movie ticket – you have 48 free movie tickets annually, Get benefit of 200 per months i.e. 2400 annually.
So you are getting 50 % cash back benefit on your speeding only on movie tickets worth ₹ 5000.
IF 10X reward is considered
Considering 75 % of your major expenditure falls under Entertainment, Dining, Utility Bill Payments and on Fuel. (which is true).
In this scenario, you are getting 10 X reward point.
So, you are speeding around 2.5 Lakhs on the above criteria, and you are getting 10X reward points on every spending of ₹ 100 (50,000 reward points) worth ₹ 15000 (Value – 6%).
The Best part of this card is 10X reward point on Fuel, which comes to be 2.5%.
What’s your take on RBL Bank Platinum Maxima Credit Card? Share your views in comments below.